Finnish Business Angels Network - FiBAN has been chosen as the European Business Angels Network's Business Angel Network of the Year 2012.
The announcement was made during the 7th Annual EBAN Awards which took place last night in Moscow. The Finnish business angel Riku Asikainen was also nominated as candidate for the "Business Angel of the Year" and Finnvera as the candidate for "Early Stage Fund of the Year". '
EBAN’s 7th Awards were also attributed for the following categories to:
- Business Angel Network of the Year – FiBAN (Finland); Honorable Mention awarded to Paris Business Angels (France)
- Business angel of the year - Philiipe Gluntz, Mr. Gluntz has invested in 26 companies, out of which six in the past year. He is also the President of France Angels and business angel affiliated to Paris.
- Deal of the Year – United Resins, submitted by FNABA (Portugal)
- Early Stage Fund of the Year – Zernike Meta Venture, submitted by META Group (Italy)
- Breakthrough Service and/or Tool by a BAN – PEEX, submitted by Mountain Partners (Switzerland)
The Awards Ceremony closed EBAN’s first day of Congress, which registered 325 attendees and a strong participation of Russian investors. To find out more about EBAN’s events please visit the website www.ebancongress2012.org or contact Chiara De Caro at firstname.lastname@example.org and +32 2 626 20 61.
Press release: Here
EUROPEAN BUSINESS ANGEL NETWORK - EBAN
EBAN is the European trade association for business angels, seed funds and early stage market players. Our mission is to support the growth and professionalization of the early stage investing sector, from a 3 billion € to a 10 billion € asset class, up from 1 billion € 5 years ago. www.eban.org